Locking of news items is available to the author of the news item, as well as administrative members of your network.
When a news item is locked, network members no longer have the ability to (un)like and comment on the news item. Existing likes and comments will remain visible, however.
Locking from the timeline
- First, write a news item and publish it.
- The news article will appear on the network timeline
- Click on the icon with the three points in the top right corner of your news article
- A message will appear to state that you have locked the news item
- Go to your news article and tap on the icon with the three points in the top right corner of your screen
- A menu will open. Tap on 'Lock news item'.
- Tap on News in the menu
- Go to your news article
- Tap on the icon with the three points, a menu will open
- Click on 'Lock news item'.
At any time, news items may be unlocked. Unlocking a news item will allow members of the network to comment and (un)like the news item again.