At Speakap, we aim for a product that our end-users love!
However, to evaluate and make improvements, we need to understand how our platform is actually being used.
One of the ways we can do that is by asking our end-users directly.
However, to gather those insights, we'd like to see how Speakap is being used even when we're not talking to end-users.
This will help us understand if there are any problems and if the assumptions we've made when designing our features were right. To do so, we'd like to track your usage data over the platform.
What does that mean?
To put it simply, we want to start tracking specific actions like clicking a button, opening a page, and typing a message.
With this information, we can start measuring things like:
- If and where do our users get stuck while performing a specific task like posting an update?
- What's the average time a user takes to complete a particular task?
- What's the number of times a user visits a specific section?
Before we gather all this information, though, we need your permission.
Your privacy matters to us!
At Speakap, security and privacy are of utmost importance. We'll never store any of the activity data. All data is stored anonymously, which makes it impossible to trace it back to you.
Upon your first login, we'll ask for your permission to access and store your usage data via the Allow access button. If you're not sure about this (yet) or don't want us to access the data, feel free to click No, thanks. Don't worry! You can always change your preference later.
Changing your preferences
You can always change your preferences from the settings. This may vary per platform, so please check the steps below for your specific use case.
You can find the option to enable or disable the sharing of your usage date under Privacy Settings. You can reach these through the My Settings menu.
- Click on the icon in the header
- Select My Settings from the dropdown
- Click on Privacy Settings in the left sidebar
- Check or uncheck the Share usage data option
On iOS and Android you can find the option to enable or disable the sharing of your usage date under Privacy and Security. You can reach these through the Settings menu.
- Click on the icon in the bottom navigation bar
- Select the Settings option from the menu
- Select the Privacy and Security option from the list
- Enable or disable the Share usage data option